Friday, February 12, 2016

New Experiences, Need I Say More?

Hey everyone! Sorry I've been slow to post this week. I've been pretty busy with school and with trying to meet everyone. I went to Cobh last Saturday with the International Students. Then after returning to Cork, three of us wandered around the side streets of Sunday's Well (near the Gaol I mentioned earlier). I, however, did do something that isn't in my normal routine this week though! I, Bri, went to a club!

The last few days was RAG week at CIT. I can't remember what the exact acronym means, but it is a charity fundraiser hosted by the school I believe. They had a bunch of entertainers and local venders coming on campus all week. They also had a few off campus events, one of them being hosting the Swedish (I believe?) DJ Basshunter at a local club. Now for those that don't know me, I am not exactly the wild party type. My idea of a party is good food, good friends, and a box of Cards Against Humanity. Needless to say, I had no idea what to expect when I was invited along by a few of my friends to the Basshunter event. First of all, I thought it started at 9PM so I had plans to leave around 11-11:30 so I could have time to watch a bit o' Netflix. Alas, my plans were foiled :P
[(P+L)(A+N)=PA+PN+LA+LN]. It turns out that it started at 11...on a school night! Shocking no?!

I confess that I probably looked like a deer caught in headlights the first half hour as I took in the outfits, music, and people. But aside from a few interesting characters, the place was very nice and I enjoyed myself a lot! Just don't expect to find me in a club every weekend...it took me nearly three days to recover the three hours of sleep I lost :P. I am happy that I was able to determine that clubbing isn't my main way to enjoy socializing. I much prefer sit down bars where you can order food and chat with people around you. I guess both settings have their time and place though!

This coming week I won't be posting any blogs. I am taking a trip to Belgium for school-related purposes. I will type up a post sometime after returning to update you all on that adventure.

Until then!







True dat!


1 comment:

  1. I've never been to a club before, but from what I heard it doesn't sound too great. I heard there's lots of flashing lights and music so loud it's tough to even talk to the person next to you. Though you make it sound a little nicer than what I thought. You kinda seem like the person who isn't really into the club scene, so when you say you had fun it makes me re-think things.

    Hope you have fun in Belgium.

    ReplyDelete